Heavy Equipment Operator
Reporting to the Site Supervisor and/or Project Manager, the Heavy Equipment Operator will operate various equipment including Excavators, Backhoes, Loaders and Bulldozers (Volvo & CAT experience an asset). They will maintain their assigned equipment and maintain all health and safety standards required and instructed by their management.
Major responsibilities include, and are not limited to;
- Arriving to a job site in a timely manner.
- Follow all health and safety instructions and standards as communicated.
- Conduct pre-operation checks and documentation as required.
- Use and maintain all safety equipment as prescribed.
- Operate a two-way radio where and when necessary.
- Maintain operation and job logs.
- Refuel, clean and lubricate equipment as prescribed.
- Secure special attachments to equipment.
- To maintain and steward all health and safety aspects of job site where required.
- Maintain and foster positive relationships with all staff, management and contacts.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 or more years’ experience working environmental remediation and demolition projects
- Safety Boots are required on all job sites.
- Good English verbal and writing skills.
- Valid Ontario G driver’s license free of serious offenses under the Highway Traffic Act.
- Reliable transportation to get to and from various job sites.
- Must be able to legally work in Canada for your application to be accepted.
Please apply online. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00 to $27.00 per hour, based on experience
Resumes may be faxed to (905) 841-1062